Friday, February 11, 2011

Muzak

Muzak is not very good. No, not at all.
I will offer this analogy: regular music is like a healthy person and Muzak a like a zombie creating virus.
Not does only Muzak stink like rotting flesh (for your ear lobes that is), it is infectious and can only be removed from your brain by a bullet. There is no cure, only prevention.
Anyway, seems like when a musak-ized song doesn't sound Kenny G. or Anya, it sounds like that violin part from that song "Come On Eileen".
Weird, huh?

----------------
Now playing: Fall Out Boy - What A Catch Donnie
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Big Bro said...

The thing I love is when you hear a Muzak version of a song that's so drippy it was already practically elevator music in the first place. The Muzak version of Sting's "Fields of Gold" is so sedentary, it'll put you to sleep while you're standing up at the urinal.

Almost as good is when you hear a Muzak version of a song that has no earthly business being used in that way, such as anything by Iggy Pop.

The best, though, is the time I heard the theme from The Godfather on a Muzak system. I kept looking over my shoulder while I was using the urinal, worried that somebody was going to walk up and send me to sleep with the fishes (or the turds).