Thursday, September 20, 2007

Abner, Sherlock and Half Life 2

I hope you all notice that Little Abner has inflated over 50 percent in the past 8 years. I hope you're all f'ing happy; this is your fault. Oil Futures, ethanol, corn prices, and global warming have nothing to do with this, just you!
Not to mention Mother and Father prices have increased about $1.50 to $2.00.
You're apathy will kill us all.

So anyway, I've been playing a lot of Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2.
(By the way, TF2 is everything I dreamt it would be)
If you preorder Half Life 2: Episode 2 off of Steam (a program similar to iTunes, but for PC games), you'll get access to the beta test of TF 2 until the game officially releases Oct. 10. You also get the original Half Life 2 (if you don't already have it), Peggle Xtreme (a hilarious game like Plinko), Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Portal (which looks to be an incredibly cool first-person puzzler). You can download Steam here.
I don't mean to gush over it, but it's a pretty awesome deal for $45.

I also just bought The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes Volume 1 at B&N for $8. I love it when awesome books are on discount. The book has a nice foreword about Conan Doyle and The Sherlock Holmes novels. It's super interesting.

I'm kind of wrapped up in these things right now, but once I get off my duff on Saturday, all of your dreams will come true.

I've got a whole bunch of sketches I'm going to scan and publish, and some fresh ideas for photoshops.

Not to mention, G.O.S.H. Detective Agency LLC will be in Alabama for Episode 4.
Remember to check out my MySpace page, it features funny music. Feel free to add me as a friend.

(PS I get sidetracked easily.)

----------------
Now playing: Against Me! - Even At Our Worst We're Still Better Than Most (The Roller)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: